The purpose of the Policy
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This document explains:
- Who we are
- The information we collect
- What we collect
- How is it collected
- How we use your information
- Who we share your information with
- How we store your information
- How long we will keep your information for
- Your rights
- Accessing your information
- Cookies Policy
1. Who we are
“We” or “us” means Farpoint Developments Limited trading as “TechBenefits, a registered limited company (number 3272201) whose registered address is The Old Red House Bakery, 90C Walcot Street, Bath, BA1 5BG. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller under number ZA077564.
By contacting us, using our services, or visiting our website (our “site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this.
2. The information we collect:
We will collect information directly from you via our portal.
You may also give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employer, financial information and personal description information about your device(s) and serial numbers.
3. What we collect
We collect the following categories of data from our staff, customers, clients and suppliers (whether actual or potential):
Age and date of birth
Home and or work address
Telephone number (work, home or mobile)
And, any additional information about you that your employer has asked us to collect on their behalf in order to process your order more efficiently, e.g., payroll number
Your choice of equipment
Technical information about your Website visit
We consider that all categories of personal data we obtain are proportionate and relevant to the purposes for which they are obtained. However, we review this intermittently and remove any inaccurate or obsolete data.
Additional Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our website www.techbenefits.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- Information you give us when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
4. How it is collected
The categories of data listed are collected in the following ways:
When you provide it to us:
- Your personal data is primarily provided to us when you correspond with us by phone or e-mail as part of our business with you. Any of your personal data contained in that correspondence will be retained by us.
- Where you complete any of our forms at one of our events, seminars or presentations, or when attending an exhibition when we are present, any personal data you provide on that form will be retained by us.
- Any personal data you give to us in meetings may also be retained by us.
- When you use our Website, we will automatically collect technical information about the device you use to visit, including your IP address, browser type/version and related settings.
- We also monitor your use of our Website. This includes the full URLs, your clickstreams through our Website, the pages you view and how you interact with them and how you leave the Website.
Information we receive from other sources:
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. The information we receive from these third parties will be information that they have collected from you.
5. How we use your information
We use this information to administer the scheme on behalf of your employer, to ensure you receive the equipment you order, to provide you with customer support, and to provide you with information and advice on our products and services.
6. Who we share your information with
We share your information, on a confidential basis, with the following third parties;
- Your employer, so that we can administer the Scheme on their behalf and for your benefit;
- The IT equipment supplier who will process and dispatch your order;
- The courier company assigned to carry out deliveries and returns;
- Our professional advisors for the purpose of providing us with professional advice or services in connection with our obligations or operations;
- To our fulfilment partners in the event that we engage them to act on our behalf to fulfil all or any part of our obligations to you or your employer and/or to process your personal information on our behalf;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation;
We may also disclose your personal information to any member of our group for the following purposes:
- To process your information for the purposes of fulfilling your orders or dealing with your enquiries or correspondence on our behalf, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- So they can notify you on our behalf (if you are happy that we do so) about other services they can offer you which are likely to be of interest or enhance your computing experience (e.g., technology related offers).
7. How we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your information safe.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in which case we will make sure that your privacy rights are protected as required by the Data Protection Act.
8. How long we will keep your personal information for
We will keep your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you plus a suitable period in case of any subsequent questions or disputes.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Accessing your information
If you want to know what information we hold about you, please contact us at our address. Any request for information will be subject to a fee of £10 towards the cost of providing that information. If any information you have provided to us needs correcting or amending, please contact us by writing to us by post or by email using the contact details below. We may have to contact you to verify the authenticity of any communications received by us that indicate they have been sent by you.
12. Cookies Policy
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website will:
Remember what is in your shopping basket
Remember where you are in the order process
Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website will:
Offer Live Chat Support (If available)
Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
This Website will:
Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
Allow you to share pages via Add This (If available)
This Website will not:
Share any personal information with third parties.